Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DIY Hair Bow!!!

I've been looking for something to do with my leftover chevron material and.... I've finally done something!! A big, chevron hair bow! It didn't use up all of my material, but I might find a need for it later.




It was simple to make. I tried looking up a diy for it, but the projects I found weren't as easy as I wanted. I ended up using others' instructions mixed with my own thing. :)

Here's how to make it:

1. Cut a piece of material into a rectangle ( I didn't bother to measure it at the time, but it should be about 7" by 8"). Cut a second piece that's about 1/2" by 2". You'll use this to wrap around the center of the bow.

2. Fold the rectangle, putting long sides together, with the wrong side of the fabric facing you. Sew a straight seam on the long side, close to the edge of the fabric. Turn right side out.

3. Fold each short end about 1/4 of an inch over, and sew the ends down. 



4. Pinch the middle of the bow and wrap the small piece around the center, so that the ends are facing the back of the bow (the side where the edges are sewn over).




5. Sew down both sides of the center piece. Push a bobby pin through the back and... voila! A big hair bow!






Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!! If you don't want to make your own, you can find bows of different sizes and patterns on Etsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment