Thursday, July 2, 2015

Random Summer Stuff

Since I haven't posted for a while, I have plenty of things to write about. Such as... this incredible pattern I found on Pinterest!!! I am SO excited about this (can you tell??!). Now, I know that my version certainly isn't perfect, but I think it turned out pretty well. And it's in my favorite pattern/color!!!!!



The tutorial can be found here
Some of the instructions were difficult to understand, but other than that, it's a great tutorial for beginner sew-ers. This is actually a make-up bag, but since I don't wear make-up, there are plenty of other uses for a bag like this!

Now, on to flowers! I planted different seeds and bulbs in late spring. So far, my bulbs aren't growing and they keep coming to the surface to the soil (this is my first time planting bulbs). But my zinnias, which I grew from seeds, are coming along nicely! 


Gardening really is a great hobby! It can teach patience (I'm busy wishing for them to hurry up and grow, knowing that they'll bloom when they are ready), and it brings us close to nature, which gets us close to our Creator. And, of course, it adds color and beauty to your yard. :)


   Speaking of nature, how about a little nature/photography walk? I don't know about you, but I LOVE walking through the woods with my sister and my camera, snapping pictures as we go, discovering, exploring, etc. etc. Unfortunately, it has been raining a LOT. And we didn't think about bug spray. And there were LOTS of mosquitoes. Yeah. It was bad. Not so much for me- mainly my sister! I can't even tell you how much fun I had on this adventure!!! We explored new areas, climbed under and around, and it was just amazing!


Love the macro function on my camera! Talk about a close-up!



Because of the flooding, some of the dirt paths were covered in water. Even so, we didn't always go on the plank-covered paths if there were non-water-covered dirt trails available.We learned that that wasn't the greatest idea we've ever had... 



Wildflowers and wild flies in their natural habitat. 


The lighting was perfect for this spot! If you could have been there, you would have seen brightness on the left fork, and darkness on the right. 
"But I, I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference...."
-Robert Frost 
(This picture really reminds me of that poem!)

 Finally, I would like to conclude this post with words of warning (and encouragement!). There are many things happening in America- controversial things- where we have to make a decision: right or wrong. If we take a stand for what is right, what the Bible says is right, what God says is right, we are in for a hard time. The world sees us as interferers, narrow-minded, judgmental, and lost in the old-fashioned days. They are partially right- those who choose right are old-fashioned. But a wise man put it like this: If someone was driving down a road, and you knew that the bridge was out on that road, you would warn them. It would be your duty to tell them to go a different way, or else they would be in danger. By telling them this, you aren't judging them. You aren't being intolerant of that road. You are simply doing your part to save someone, to help someone. 
Don't give up on what you know is right. There are plenty of voices speaking out for evil- we need to join the battle and speak out for what is good! Guess what? I've read the back of the Book- we win!


No comments:

Post a Comment